Scope of role
The associate consultant PSG role is strategic to TIBCO, ensuring that we develop high potential talent for the future. TIBCO associate consultants have the opportunity to become leaders in their field and architects of the future at TIBCO. It is an unsurpassed opportunity to understand all of TIBCO’s core technologies, meet and develop relationships with strategic thinkers within the company, and become involved in career enhancing projects. Under the mentorship of a PSG senior consultant or PSG architect, you will participate in a wide range of consulting project activities, including:
- Involvement in activities including practice development, team participation, and relationship building.
- Develop a working knowledge of
- A specific set of TIBCO products and supporting technologies.
- TIBCO business, organization, and objectives
- Customer business, organization, and objectives
- Focus on and helps provide a path for Customer success
- Follow standard practices and procedures to analyse situations or data.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Follow detailed instructions on assigned projects given by the project’s Project Manager, Lead Architect, or Practice Manager
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Travel may be required nationally and internationally to participate in team projects and initiatives
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Typically has 1-2 years professional experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Completes tasks under specific, detailed direction from senior team members
- Manages within an effective project plan
- Assists in the development of preliminary task plans/technical approaches for projects
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interacts well with team leaders and peers
- Always demonstrate good morale, especially in customer situations
- Develops time management skills
- Assists in the development of customer presentations
- Drafts clear and concise written documents
- Possesses very good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated knowledge in the Windows platform
- Work on acquiring Certification in the installation, configuration and implementation of BusinessWorks, Hawk, ActiveDatabase Adapter, and File Adapter. May also include acquiring Certification for specific disciplines including ActiveMatrix, iProcess, CIM, and BusinessEvents.
- General knowledge of programming languages “built into” TIBCO products, including, but not limited to XPATH and XML
- Learns to apply conceptual knowledge in JMS, EJB, SQL, JAVA, and HTML
- Some knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems
What TIBCO can Offer
- Formal training will be provided to ensure you acquire certification in the installation, configuration and implementation of the products in the TIBCO suite
- Strong and continuing mentorship by senior TIBCO professionals across multiple product suites
- A clear, structured career path to ensure future success