AI & ML Engineer
• Opportunity to be a part of a global Artificial Intelligence organization in Singapore!
• Based in Singapore, the regional hub for Asia Pacific (AP) and top-ranked biopharmaceutical company on The Straits Times and Statista’s list of Best Employers in Singapore for two consecutive years (2020, 2021).
• Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in AP for over 60 years.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology hub in Singapore. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Participate in stakeholder meetings to understand business problems and translate them into products aligned with company needs and strategies
• Develop mathematical, statistical and machine learning models
• Research and application of most recent scientific literature to enhance models
• Developing high-quality, documented, and reusable SW code to run analysis
• Includes automation of data processing pipelines and deploying models into production
• More senior members will be expected to either lead engagement with business units, or act as SMEs for one or more AI domains (computer vision, NLP etc.)
Education Minimum Requirement:
We evaluate candidates on a case-by case basis but appreciate qualifications in quantitative, scientific and technology disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Analytics, Physics, and Bioinformatics.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Five years of relevant analytical / data science job experience preferred at this level
• Core skills and experience in computer vision, image processing and machine learning modelling techniques applied to a wide variety of computer vision tasks (object detection, tracking, classification, segmentation etc.)
• Experience with application of deep learning frameworks
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience in model deployment and pipeline orchestration in a private cloud environment
• Existing domain knowledge in manufacturing environments appreciated
• Experience in web application development and/or product prototyping a plus
WHO WE ARE
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
web application developmentImagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us — and start making your impact today.