- This event has passed.
SheLovesData Los Angeles: Ladies Intro to Tech Weekend (International Women’s Day)
7. 3. 2020 @ 10:00 - 15:30 PST
Discover Data Analytics & Blockchain with Women in Tech
International Women’s Day Weekend!
Join HerCode Global and She Loves Data for a ladies’ tech discovery weekend! Day 1 will be dedicated to data where you’ll be hands-on in a Python workshop. Day 2 will have an introduction to blockchain and a panel of female leaders from all aspects of the blockchain industry. No prior technical experience required! The weekend aims to encourage women to learn, network and engage!
DAY 1 is hosted by SheLovesData. You can find the registration form at the end of this page.
DAY 2 is hosted by HerCode Global. You can find the registration here
DAY 1: Saturday, March 7 | 10 am – 3:30 pm | Santa Monica
1. Marketing Yourself + LinkedIn with Niena Drake: Niéna Drake is an Emmy Award-Winning Producer/Writer, DJ and Culture Influencer Strategist and the Director at the Emma Bowen Foundation. The Emma Bowen Foundation places minorities in internships and jobs at media, entertainment, and technology companies across the country – including HBO, CBS, NBCUniversal, OWN, BMI, Bloomberg, TIME, Warner Bros., FleishmanHillard, Eledman and many others.
Niéna has tailored Market Yourself + LinkedIn strategy for you and will answer any questions you might have. Check out Niena’s incredible story here
2. Introduction to Python with Dalya Manatova: In this hands on workshop, Dalya Manatova will guide you through the basics of this high-level programming language. At the end of the workshop you will feel comfortable with the basics of Python programming and one lucky user will have the chance to win a ticket to IoT Conference in San Jose April 6-9. Check out Dalya’s profile here
3. Session with Tech Recruiter Margo Hohsfield: Back by popular demand, Margo Hohsfield is not your regular tech recruiter. She believes in the person more than the numbers and will give you tangible advice on how to navigate your way into the tech world. Have a look at Margo’s detailed bio here
4. Closing the event will be Alyson Kelley: Alyson Kelley is a Solutions Specialist at Altair. Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics. Read Alyson’ amazing bio and her passion for doing good with data here
DAY 2: Sunday, March 8 | 11am – 4:30pm | Culver City
Blockchain 101- Lene Martin – Founder/Director of Blockchain, Pepperdine UniversityBlockchain Use Cases & Relationship with Data- Marie Smith – Chief Information Office & Co-Founder, Data 360
Veronica Reynolds -Associate, Baker Hostetler LLPTamara Dull- Principle Open Source & Blockchain Specialist, Amazon Web ServicesOlga Kupchevskaya- Vice President, My Ether WalletKatya Michaels- Community Advocate and Content Creation, My Ether WalletBriana Feng – Co-Founder, ReasiRachel Cook- Founder & CEO, SeedsChloe Lovejoy- South Pasadena High School
LinkedIn states Blockchain is the number one “hard skill” for 2020
Blockchain is an early stage technology, which gives us the opportunity to prevent the gender gap in the blockcahin industry while it’s still young.
One participant has the opportunity to win a FREE ticket to IoT World Conference in San Jose with over 12000 attendees
Build your data tribe by networking among like minded women from all across Los Angeles
Did we mention lunch will be provided?
You are welcome (and encouraged!) to attend both days!
Is it free?
Is it only for women?
What do we need to bring?
More details will be provided via email after registration.
What if I cannot come, or if I have any questions?
She Loves Data: is a global social enterprise that inspired women to become active contributors to an increasingly data-driven world. We organise events and workshops that help more women data-literate as well as provide, soft skills development and networking opportunities.
HerCode Global: provides free blockchain educational workshops and events to females around the world. We are the ‘impact’ division of the LA Blockchain Lab and are in partnership with USC Viterbi School of Engineering, the Digital Citizen Fund, and the City of Los Angeles. With a focus on underserved communities, we aim to prevent the gender gap in tech from widening by providing women of all ages an opportunity to learn, contribute and earn digitally. Our goal is to educate 1 MILLION females and have the largest network of female blockchain professionals around the world by 2030.
Women in Big Data SoCal: Our goal is to strengthen the diversity in the big data field. As part of this initiative, we would like to encourage and attract more female talent to the big data & analytics field and help them connect, engage and grow.
By registering you understand that the details you provide during the registration process will be collected and used by She Loves Data. Photographs and/or video may be taken at the event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity and/or marketing purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity materials, social media, and press releases.
If you want to find out more about SheLovesData, check our website.[raw]